Purpose: Under the supervision and in support of the pastor’s vision and mission, the Assistant Coordinator works directly with the Faith Formation Director for Elementary and Middle School.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interpersonal ability with staff, parishioners, children, and parents
- Solid organizational and management skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and type/translate correspondence in English and Spanish.
- Teach catechesis at any grade level
- Have the ability to teach adult classes (Sacrament Sunday and Catholic 101) is not required, but very helpful
- Time Requirements (about 20 hours per week)
- Manage communications with parents and families for CCE, First Sacraments, and RCIA-C
- Translate handbooks, letters, and other classroom materials into Spanish
- Answer emails and phone inquiries from parents
- Maintain inventory for classroom resources and curriculum
- Present orientation sessions to parents as needed
- Substitute teach as needed
- Maintain catechist roster for substitutes
- Be present at all First Sacrament practices, services, and Masses
- Cover vacations/days off for director as needed
- Assist front office with processing registrations and collecting payments
Education, Training, and/or Experience: At minimum, a high school diploma required. If interested, please e-mail your resume or letter of introduction to email@example.com.