2020 St. Theresa Catholic Daughters of the Americas Scholarship
Court St. Theresa of Lisieux is offering one individual college scholarship to high school graduates in the amount of $1,000.00 each. To apply for this scholarship, you must be a 2020 high school graduating senior.
*If scholarships do not meet the following requirements, Catholic Daughters will not award scholarships.*
A scholarship committee will review each essay and select the winner. The following rules apply for all entries:
1. Each applicant must submit a typed essay. The essay must be at least one page and cannot exceed two pages. (more than two pages will be disqualified).
2. Must use correct grammar, syntax and spelling.
3. The application MUST be emailed/mailed and postmarked by June 5, 2020 to:
St. Theresa CDA
803 Rolling Mill
Sugar Land, TX 77498
email at email@example.com
4. The applicant’s name, address, email and phone number must only appear on the cover sheet of the essay. There shall be NO reference to your name or the names of any family members in your essay. ( This will be cause for disqualification)
5. We must have a receipt from the college or university you are attending; we will mail a check to that college or university. This receipt must be sent to St. Theresa CDA by August 14, 2020.
The essay should be written in the following three sections. Please write in an essay form, no resumes will be accepted.
Section 1: High school activities, community involvement.
Section 2: Goals in life in relation to college major, desired vocation after graduation, and the name of the college/university you plan to attend.
Section 3: Respond to the following question using correct grammar, syntax and spelling:
“What impact has the Catholic Church had on preparing me for college, and college life?”