The school supply sign up is for preschool through high school students. The sign up began July 13 (Monday) – July 31, 2015 (Friday). This program is ONLY for registered parish families in need of financial assistance and must be a registered parishioner.
Please come by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul at St. Theresa Church to sign up on Monday or Friday from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The school supplies will be distributed on August 10(Monday), 14 (Friday) & 17 (Monday) at St. Vincent De Paul, to families that have signed up.
School Supply Donations Needed
Donations are needed to help children start the 2015-20016 school year off right. If you are interested in participating in our school supply drive, please drop off supplies in the boxes at church or come by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul office at St. Theresa Church on Mondays or Fridays from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Thank you for your generous support!
The students need:
- Crayon box (24 count)
- folder with two pockets & brads
- scissors, glue in plastic bottle
- glue stick
- spiral – wide-ruled notebook paper
- spiral college-ruled notebook paper
- loose leaf wide-ruled notebook paper
- loose leaf college-ruled notebook paper
- composition books, rulers (with inches & centimeters together)
- note cards 3×5
- washable markers (8 count package)
- no. 2 pencils
- pencil sharpeners
- colored pencils
- pens (red, black and blue)
- pencil bags (with zipper)
- pencil box
St. Vicente de Paúl Inscripciones para Útiles Escolares
La inscripción para útiles escolares comenzaron el lunes 13 de julio al viernes 31 de julio del 2015. Este programa es SOLAMENTE para las familias que necesitan ayuda para empezar el colegio con todo los útiles necesarios. Por favor venga a La Sociedad de St. Vincent de Paúl en St. Theresa para inscribirse el lunes o viernes de 10 a.m. a 1 p.m. Los útiles se distribuirán el lunes 10, viernes 14, y el lunes 17 de agosto en St. Vicente de Paúl a las familias que se inscribieron.
Campaña de Útiles Escolares para Familias en Necesidad
Las donaciones son necesarias para ayudar a niños comenzar el año escolar 2015-2016 bien. Si a usted le interesa en participar en nuestra campaña de útiles escolares, por favor deje los útiles en las cajas en la iglesia o venga a la oficina de la Sociedad de St. Vincent de Paúl en Sta. Theresa el lunes o viernes de 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Gracias por su generoso apoyo!
Join us on July 3 for our First Friday Vigil, led by our new parish Administrator, Fr. Eurel Manzano. While Fr. Manzano will not officially begin his position at St. Theresa until August 1, he will be here to lead our July First Friday Vigil. Receive a plenary indulgence by joining our community for this devotion.
The First Friday Vigil will begin at 9pm and last until midnight. The vigil will consist of:
- Exposition of the Eucharist and Benediction
- Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart
- Solemn Mass at 11pm
What is the significance of First Friday and the Sacred Heart of Jesus for Catholics?
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is a longstanding tradition among Catholics:
The prayer of the Church venerates and honors the Heart of Jesus just as it invokes his most holy name. It adores the incarnate Word and his Heart which, out of love for men, he allowed to be pierced by our sins.
– Catechism of the Catholic Church, Article 2669
The First Friday devotion to the Sacred Heart grew from our Lord’s appearances to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque in 1675. St. Margaret Mary wrote that in one of His appearances to her, Jesus said “Look at this Heart which has loved men so much, and yet men do not want to love Me in return. Through you My divine Heart wishes to spread its love everywhere on earth.”
How can devotion to the Sacred Heart bring us closer to Jesus?
Traditionally, there are twelve promises which Jesus made to St. Margaret Mary regarding those who devote themselves to His Sacred Heart:
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
What is a plenary indulgence?
“An indulgence is a remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven, which the faithful Christian who is duly disposed gains under certain prescribed conditions through the action of the Church which, as the minister of redemption, dispenses and applies with authority the treasury of the satisfactions of Christ and the saints”.
The faithful may receive a plenary indulgence once a day, providing that they are in a state of grace. The specific requirements for a plenary indulgence include:
- have an interior disposition of complete detachment from sin, even venial sin
- have sacramentally confessed their sins
- receive the Holy Eucharist
- pray for the intentions of the Pope
Dates: July 6-8
Monday-Tuesday: 9:00a.m.- 5:00p.m.
Wednesday: 1:00 p.m.- 8:00p.m.
Registration Deadline: Monday, June 29th, 2015
Registration Fee: $50
Contact: Susan DeMarco, Assistant Music Director
Phone: (281) 494-1156 x. 261
Download the 2015 String Camp Registration Form or fill out the registration form below. Registration must be submitted by Monday, June 29. Registration forms must be accompanied by an audition CD; if you register online, please come by the parish office and drop off the CD. Students will be notified by Tuesday, June 30th, if they have been accepted into the camp.
Join us to bid a fond farewell to Father Reynolds as he departs for an appointment as Pastor of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish.
There will be a simple reception in the Community Center at 6:15 PM Sunday June 21, at which we can thank Father for his dedication and good works for his flock at St. Theresa.
Acompáñenos a darle la despedida al Padre Reynolds al el tomar su nombramiento de Pastor de la Parroquia St.Elizabeth Ann Seton.
Habra una sencilla recepción en el Centro Comunitario de nuestra parroquia a las 6:15 p.m. el domingo 21 demJunio en donde podemos agradecer al Padre Reynolds por su dedicación y las buenas obras para su rebaño en Santa Teresa.
The ladies of the parish are invited to a morning of prayer on Tuesday, June 16, from 10:00 a.m. until noon in the daily Mass chapel.
The program includes adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, preached meditations, time for private prayer, and an opportunity for confession.
FREE CHILDCARE IS PROVIDED.
Please call by noon Monday to reserve a spot for your children. (281-545-2771)
THE SUGAR CANES regular monthly meeting is this Wednesday June 17, 2015. We meet at our Parish Community Center at 11:30 a.m.
We welcome and invite all guests and newcomers, age 50+, to attend our monthly meetings the third Wednesday each month—same place—same time. After our brown bag lunch there is a brief meeting then Bingo is played. Coffee, Ice team water and desserts are provided. God Bless.
Embark on an icy expedition where kids overcome obstacles with God’s awesome power! Anchor kids in rock-solid Bible truths that will guide them through life’s challenges.
VBS at St. Theresa will be July 27-31 from 9:00AM-12:15PM each day. Download the 2015 VBS Registration Form and return it to the parish office.
Children from 3 years old to entering 5th grade as of Fall 2015 are accepted. Children MUST be potty trained in order to attend VBS. Older children (and parents) are welcome to volunteer. The fee of $20 per child includes a t-shirt, and the maximum fee per family is $50. Registration closes Monday, July 6.