July 5th-July 9th
(this is the Catholic version of VBS: Vacation Bible School)
- Who: Kids ages Kindergarten through 5th Grade (Middle School & High School Volunteers)
- (Determined by what grade child will enter in the Fall Semester of 2021)
- Where: St. Theresa Catholic Church
- Cost: $30/child participant
- (Registrations are not final until full payment is made. Deadline June 21 at 5 p.m.)
- Registration Deadline: June 21, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Please arrive at 8:45 AM. Particularly on the first day. You will need to walk your child into the Gym- Family Life Center.
- All participants will be provided a camp shirt when they arrive on Monday. The shirt must be worn each and every day.
- Children will be provided a fresh nametag each day. The nametag will also have emergency contact information on it. Please check for accuracy when you arrive on Monday.
- All participants must wear socks and shoes. No flip-flops, sandals, crocks, or any other kind of shoe not suitable for running. Children not wearing suitable shoes may have to sit out for certain activities.
- Children with food allergies who are bringing an alternate snack must have their names clearly written on all items. The parent dropping off the child must personally give the food items to Erika Olivas, our kitchen manager.
- The program runs from 9 AM to 12 PM all week. Participants will be dropped off and picked up in the Family Life Center Gym each day.
- Parents will need to walk their children in to the Gym/Family Life Center to drop them off. At dismissal, parents will need to pick up their child and sign them out with the assigned adult to their group. Older siblings under the age of 18 may not sign out. Parents who designate another adult to pick up their child must provide the full name and contact information.
- If there is an emergency where you need to reach us during camp, call Claire Aalerud directly at 281-494-1157 x250.
- To ensure a safe environment, there is a limited number of registrations that we can accept. You should register and pay the full amount due as early as possible.
- When selecting shirt sizes, it is better to estimate larger. We do not order extra shirts, so please be aware of your child’s shirt size.
- Any known allergy information must be fully disclosed on the registration form. Special medication must be checked in with our nurse each day we have activities.
- Please understand that we make financial commitments for supplies, food, and shirts based upon how many children have been registered. Therefore, after the deadline (June 21 at 5 p.m.), the registration fee is not refundable. We will provide a complete refund to anyone cancelling prior to the June 21st deadline.
- We will keep a waiting list for those who were unable to register by the deadline. In the event we have a cancellation, we will offer an opportunity to the next child in line on our list.
- If you must cancel your child’s registration and you have already paid the fee, we will be glad to refund your money if we are able to register someone from our waiting list.
Parents, young adults, college kids, high school kids and youth (6th-8th grade) can volunteer! There are many tasks to putting this event together for our Church. When you fill out the volunteer form, you will be asked what stations you would prefer to help out with. If you are helping with the skit or decorations for the retreat, we will have multiple meetings leading up to the camp.
All Volunteers 18+ need to complete Safe Haven training, mandatory in the diocese to work with underage children. The training is good for 5 years (if you completed this, Virtus, Protecting God’s Children, etc in the last 5yrs you should be good. We will be checking everyone’s name and status in the database). Create a new account here to complete training.