Requirements to Enroll in Confirmation Classes
To Enroll in Confirmation, students need to have completed 1 Full Year of High School Level Catholic Faith Formation.
- This needs to be 80% attendance or better at St. Theresa’s Sunday Faith Formation. (Register HERE)
- Completed one year of 9th grade level (or higher) of Catholic School education.
How to Enroll in High School Confirmation
- Make sure your family is registered with the parish (So we can enroll you in our classroom software). You should have a ParishSoft account. If not, register HERE
- Complete the High School Faith Formation Registration form HERE for 2020-21 Sunday Class’s for your second year or submit proof of enrollment in Catholic School.
- Complete the Confirmation Registration Form HERE
- Submit a photocopy of your Baptismal Certificate
- At least 1 parent attend the Mandatory Parent’s meeting (August)
Confirmation Program Overview
Tentative Confirmation Day: Monday February 15th 2021
This overview was written BEFORE Covid-19. There will be adjustments. Confirmation class will happen this year, but the class start date may be pushed back depending on when the Bishop will be available to Confirm the Students.
Student Requirements & Details for the Year
- Attend weekly Sunday Mass + Holy Days of Obligation
- Maintain an 80% attendance or higher in their second year of Sunday Faith Formation Classes
- Class’s meet every Sunday 3:00-4:45pm
- If a student is sick or unable to attend an email or note is required.
- There are not any available FF make-ups.
- Complete ALL Confirmation classes 100%
- Class’s meet every other Wednesday 6:30-8:00pm (for around 10 total classes)
- Attendance is 100% mandatory. If a student knows they are unable to attend they need to email in advance.
- Mandatory make-up will be the following Sunday at 8:30am. DO NOT miss the make-up!! Limited make-ups are allowed, this is for rare occasions.
- Attend 2 Retreats in the year leading up to Confirmation Day
- Mandatory Retreat: The Confirmation Retreat Jan 8th-9th 2021
- Attend one retreat of their choosing….
Mar 13th-15th Spring Retreat (PostPoned) Jun 26th-28th Steubenville Conference (Cancelled) July 31st- Aug 2nd AYC Conference (Cancelled) Sept 11th-13th (Postponed Spring Retreat-Postponed again)
- Nov 20th-22nd Fall Retreat/Postponed Spring Retreat (Registration Open Soon)
- Complete 10 hrs of Community Service with St. Theresa’s
- Orbis Festival (Oct 10th-11th)
- Houston Food Bank Trip
- Books for Africa Trip (Dec)
- Open to individual student volunteer opportunities
- Select a Sponsor and a Confirmation Saint
- During the year students will learn about the lives of various Saints and will have the opportunity to select one as their patron.
- Students will be able to select a Catholic role model in their life to be their sponsor on Confirmation day. More details during class.
- Pass interview with Gabe/Claire before Confirmation
- This will be in January
- Pass interview with Fr. David before Confirmation
- After the youth minister interview students have interviews with the Priests
- Attend the mandatory practice for Confirmation (Tentatively 9:30am Saturday February 6th)
- For student and sponsor only (around 1hr long)
- Be in the State of Grace for Confirmation
- We recommend frequent Confessions, but especially within a week of the Sacrament of Confirmation.