- This event has passed.
VIRTUS and Keeping the Promise Alive Workshops
September 24, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
VIRTUS® Protecting God’s Children™ Workshop
Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 9:00 a.m.
The three-hour session includes videos and facilitated discussions focus on the prevention of abuse and the protection of children. All volunteers who have regular contact with children and youth are required to attend VIRTUS training. All attendees, must register online. Here’s how to do it:
• Go to www.virtusonline.org
• Go to the left-hand side of the page and click on the yellow link labeled “Registration”
• Select “View a list of Sessions”
• Select your organization from the pull-down menu “Galveston-Houston, TX (Archdiocese)”
• Once you viewed sessions available “Start Registration” and complete all information required.
Keeping the Promise Alive (Refresher Course)
Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 1:00 p.m.
Keeping the Promise Alive is a mandatory refresher course that went into effect in 2011. Keeping the Promise Alive is a 1.5 hour session with 1 video that is taken by employees/volunteers after 5 years of taking the “Protecting God’s Children”® It provides ongoing awareness for the prevention of child sexual abuse. The material covered in Keeping the Promise Alive is designed to identify and reinforce the lessons of the original Protecting God’s Children program by clarifying some of the more challenging aspects of the sessions and strengthening the participants’ ability to recognize risky behavior by adults in their environments and take action to intervene in potentially threatening situations. All attendees must register online. Here’s how to do it:
Only to be taken 5 years after completion of VIRTUS
• To register for the refresher course go to www.virtus.org. Walk-ins are not accepted.
Login using your original account created when you attended a VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children® workshop. (If you do not remember your user id and password, please contact the Parish Safe Environment Coordinator or contact the Safe Environment’s Office at 713-659-5461.
• Update your account information such as address, email, parish/school location