Requirements to Enroll in Confirmation Classes
To Enroll in the Sacrament of Confirmation Classes, students need to have completed 1 Full Year of High School Level Catholic Faith Formation.
- This needs to be 80% attendance or better at St. Theresa’s Sunday High School Level Faith Formation. Register HERE.
- Completed one year of 9th grade level (or higher) of Catholic School education.
Register for Confirmation Classes
*Make sure you already completed 1 year of Formation^ and registered for your second year of Formation.
Confirmation Program Overview
Tentative Confirmation Day: Friday May 13th 2022
Student Requirements & Details for the Year
- Attend weekly Sunday Mass + Holy Days of Obligation
- Maintain an 80% attendance or higher in their second year of Sunday Faith Formation Classes.
- Faith Formation starts Sunday September 26th
- Class’s meet every Sunday 3:00-4:45pm
- If a student is sick or unable to attend an email or note is required.
- There are not any available FF make-ups.
- Complete ALL Confirmation classes 100%
- Wednesday Confirmation Classes start October 20th.
- Class’s meet every other Wednesday 6:30-8:00pm (for around 11 total classes)
- Attendance is 100% mandatory. If a student knows they are unable to attend they need to email in advance.
- Attend 2 Retreats in the year leading up to Confirmation Day
- Mandatory Retreat: The Confirmation Retreat January 14th-16th 2022
- Attend one retreat of their choosing….
June 25th-27th Steubenville Conference
- July 30th-Aug 1st AYC Conference
- Nov 19th-21st Fall Retreat (during Thanksgiving break)
- Mar 18th-20th Spring Retreat (during spring break)
- Complete 10hrs of Community Service with St. Theresa.
- (We will NOT be counting activities on your own this year, they must be through or approved by St. Theresa’s)
- There will be various opportunities throughout the year.
July 5th-9th Catholic Kids Camp
- Oct 8th & 9th- Fall Festival (St. Theresa’s School Fair)
- October- Church Bazar
- More to come…..
- Select a Sponsor and a Confirmation Saint
- During the year students will learn about the lives of various Saints and will have the opportunity to select one as their patron.
- Students will be able to select a Catholic role model in their life to be their sponsor on Confirmation day. More details during class.
- Pass interview with Gabe/Claire before Confirmation
- This will be in March
- Pass interview with Fr. David before Confirmation
- After the youth minister interview students have interviews with the Priests
- Attend the mandatory practice for Confirmation (Tentatively 9:30am Saturday May7th)
- For student and sponsor only (around 1hr long)
- Be in the State of Grace for Confirmation
- We recommend frequent Confessions, but especially within a week of the Sacrament of Confirmation.