Requirements to Enroll in Confirmation Classes
In order to enroll in the Sacrament of Confirmation Classes, students need to have completed 1 Full Year of High School Level Catholic Faith Formation.
Register for Sunday Faith Formation HERE
This can be……..
1 Full year of Catholic Theology class at a Catholic High School
1 Full year of Sunday Faith Formation 3:00-4:45pm with 80% attendance or better at St. Theresa’s.
Confirmation Program Overview
Confirmation Day: May 13th (Tentative Date)
Student Requirements & Details for the Year
- Attend weekly Sunday Mass + Holy Days of Obligation
- Maintain an 80% attendance or higher in their second year of Sunday Faith Formation Classes.
- Faith Formation starts Sunday September 25th
- Class’s meet every Sunday 3:00-4:45pm
- If a student is sick or unable to attend an email or note is required.
- There are not any available FF make-ups.
- Complete ALL Confirmation classes 100%
- Wednesday Confirmation Classes start October 26th.
- Class’s meet every other Wednesday 6:30-8:00pm (for around 11 total classes)
- Attendance is 100% mandatory. If a student knows they are unable to attend they need to email in advance.
- Attend 2 Retreats in the year leading up to Confirmation Day
- Mandatory Retreat: The Confirmation Retreat January 19th-21st 2024
- Attend one retreat of their choosing….
June 23rd-25th Steubenville Conference July 28th-30th AYC Conference
- Nov 17th-19th Fall Retreat (during Thanksgiving break)
- Mar 15th-17th Spring Retreat (during spring break)
- Complete 10hrs of Community Service with St. Theresa.
- (We will NOT be counting activities on your own, they must be through or approved by St. Theresa’s)
- There will be various opportunities throughout the year.
July 10th-14th Catholic Kids Camp (15+hrs)
- Miraculous Medal Making (check emails for sign ups)
- Select a Sponsor and a Confirmation Saint
- During the year students will learn about the lives of various Saints and will have the opportunity to select one as their patron.
- Students will be able to select a Catholic role model in their life to be their sponsor on Confirmation day. More details during class.
- Pass interview with Gabe/Claire before Confirmation
- This will be in March
- Pass interview with Fr. David before Confirmation
- After the youth minister interview students have interviews with the Priests
- Attend the mandatory practice for Confirmation 9:30am Saturday May 6th
- For student and sponsor only (around 1hr long)
- Be in the State of Grace for Confirmation
- We recommend frequent Confessions, but especially within a week of the Sacrament of Confirmation.