Requirements to Enroll in Confirmation Classes
Registration for this years Confirmation program is closed. BUT….make sure you are currently enrolled in the weekly High School Faith Formation classes so you will be eligible to enter the Confirmation Program next year. In order to enroll in the Sacrament of Confirmation Classes, students need to have completed 1 Full Year of High School Level Catholic Faith Formation.
Confirmation Program Overview
Confirmation Day: Friday May 13th 2022
Student Requirements & Details for the Year
- Attend weekly Sunday Mass + Holy Days of Obligation
- Maintain an 80% attendance or higher in their second year of Sunday Faith Formation Classes.
- Faith Formation starts Sunday September 26th
- Class’s meet every Sunday 3:00-4:45pm
- If a student is sick or unable to attend an email or note is required.
- There are not any available FF make-ups.
- Complete ALL Confirmation classes 100%
- Wednesday Confirmation Classes start October 20th.
- Class’s meet every other Wednesday 6:30-8:00pm (for around 11 total classes)
- Attendance is 100% mandatory. If a student knows they are unable to attend they need to email in advance.
- Attend 2 Retreats in the year leading up to Confirmation Day
- Mandatory Retreat: The Confirmation Retreat January 14th-16th 2022
- Attend one retreat of their choosing….
June 25th-27th Steubenville Conference July 30th-Aug 1st AYC Conference Nov 19th-21st Fall Retreat (during Thanksgiving break)
- Mar 18th-20th Spring Retreat (during spring break)
- Complete 10hrs of Community Service with St. Theresa.
- (We will NOT be counting activities on your own this year, they must be through or approved by St. Theresa’s)
- There will be various opportunities throughout the year.
July 5th-9th Catholic Kids Camp (15+hrs) Sep 18th- Pro-Life Banquet (8hrs) at Hilton Americas Sept 25th– Together In Holiness Conference (8hrs) Oct 8th & 9th- Fall Festival (St. Theresa’s School Fair) (2-8hrs) Dec 18th & 19th- All Day After Mass Fundraiser (5hrs) Jan 28th- Clergy Appreciation Dinner (5hrs)
- Apr 30th-May 1st- Church Bazzar
- Sunday Miraculous Medal Making (check for emails)
- More to come…..
- Select a Sponsor and a Confirmation Saint
- During the year students will learn about the lives of various Saints and will have the opportunity to select one as their patron.
- Students will be able to select a Catholic role model in their life to be their sponsor on Confirmation day. More details during class.
- Pass interview with Gabe/Claire before Confirmation
- This will be in March
- Pass interview with Fr. David before Confirmation
- After the youth minister interview students have interviews with the Priests
- Attend the mandatory practice for Confirmation (Tentatively 9:30am Saturday May 7th)
- For student and sponsor only (around 1hr long)
- Be in the State of Grace for Confirmation
- We recommend frequent Confessions, but especially within a week of the Sacrament of Confirmation.