Dear Parishioners and Friends,
Our Capital Campaign, A Living Sacrifice, Holy and Acceptable to God, has re-started, and the generosity of our Saint Theresa community is wonderfully apparent. To date, our campaign has already raised over $1.2 million toward our $3.2 million and $5 million goals.
Many thanks to the volunteers who have worked so diligently to get us to this point. I would also like to thank the donors who have given so generously in the early stages of our campaign. While there is much to celebrate, there is also much work to be done, especially since we put the campaign on pause during the hurricane relief efforts.
In the coming weeks, volunteers will be reaching out to you individually once again. I ask that you please keep in mind the following:
• Volunteers – A Dual Donation The volunteers who are contacting families are just that – volunteers. They have graciously agreed to donate their time for the sake of our church because they believe in our parish and are passionate about its future. Please treat them with respect and thank them for helping St. Theresa’s in this important capacity.
• Personal Touch I have instructed each of our campaign volunteers to personally meet with members of the St. Theresa community. If you receive a call, I kindly ask that you:
- Take the call or return the message. Don’t avoid talking to our volunteers. It makes their job more difficult and puts them in a position where they must keep calling in an attempt to reach you.
- Meet face-to-face. If you are asked to meet, please give our volunteers 10 minutes of your time. They are not trying to twist your arm; they have been asked to communicate to you, personally, the campaign goals, answer your questions and receive a decision about your participation.
• Carrying a Card? Return It! If you received a pledge card inside your packet of materials, now is the time to send it in. Ask questions, discern your involvement in the campaign, fill out the card and return it in the envelope provided.
• Your Gift Matters! Remember, the letter you received from me includes a specific financial request. It is not an expectation. It is an invitation. I invite you to pray about this campaign and this church. You may not be able to give what was asked. You may be able to give more than asked. Whatever that decision is, know that your commitment is deeply appreciated.
• Matching Gift It was with great pleasure and excitement that we were able to announce at all Masses last weekend that we have received a generous “matching challenge” gift of up to $600,000. For the next two weeks (until October 22nd), every new pledge gets doubled up to that amount! Please respond as soon as possible with your pledge, so that we can take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity.
Thank you for your cooperation, your consideration, and your support of St. Theresa Catholic Church!
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Fr. Eurel Manzano
Great news: we are more than 60% of the way to meeting our Diocesan Services Fund (DSF) goal for 2017! Thank you!
If you’d to make a pledge for this year’s Diocesan Services Fund (2017), please do so now! There are over 60 ministries in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston that depend upon your continued support.