Ash Wednesday – March 1, 2017
Ash Wednesday Masses/Liturgies will be celebrated throughout the day on Wednesday, March 1. Ash Wednesday in not a Holy Day of Obligation, but Catholics are obliged to fast and abstain [from eating meat] on this day (as well as Good Friday). In addition, Fridays during Lent are obligatory days of abstinence. Unless specified otherwise, the following Masses/Liturgies will be in the main church:
- 6:00 am – Liturgy of the Word with Distribution of Ashes
- 6:45 am – Ash Wednesday Mass
- 8:30 am – [School] Ash Wednesday Mass
- 12:10 pm – Ash Wednesday Mass
- 4:30 pm – Liturgy of the Word with Distribution of Ashes
- 6:00 pm – Liturgy of the Word with Distribution of Ashes
- 7:00 pm – Ash Wednesday Mass
- 7:30 pm – Misa de Miercoles de Ceniza (Español) – Centro Comunitario
- 9:00 pm – Liturgia de la Palabra y Imposición de Cenizas (Español)
*no normally scheduled Confessions on Ash Wednesday evening; our regular Confession schedule will resume the following day
Great news! We exceeded our goal for the 2016 Diocesan Services Fund by more than $50,000! Half of those funds which exceed our goal go back to our parish, while the other half goes to the Aid to Poor Parishes Fund of the Archdiocese. To all who helped make this past year’s DSF a smashing success for our parish: Thank you!
If you’d to make a pledge for this year’s Diocesan Services Fund (2017), please do so now! There are over 60 ministries in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston that depend upon your continued support.