Peaceful and loving prayer outside abortion facilities offers mothers a last chance to find an alternative. Please join us in prayer on Mondays and Thursdays from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm outside an abortionist’s office in Sharpstown, from September 26 to November 4. There is a pregnancy center close by that we can refer women to. We are asking volunteers to sign up for one hour shifts. See www.ChristianVoicesforLife.org/40-days-for-life or email@example.com for more information and a link to the sign-up. May God bless you for all you do for the children at risk. Thank you for spreading the word about this opportunity.
Support the Our Lady of Guadalupe Society’s annual tamale sale! Orders will be on a call-in basis only. Place your order today at 281-494- 3588, 832-489-6656 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name, telephone number, and how many dozen you wish to order.
Pickup: Saturday, October 27th, after the 5:00pm Mass and Sunday, October 28th from 10 a.m. – 12 Noon at the Community Center Kitchen.
Cost: $12.00 per dozen
The order deadline is Sunday, October 21 at 4:00 p.m. Proceeds go towards the Our Lady of Guadalupe feast day celebration on December 12 and associated expenses.
Open to all Catholic students currently in grades 8 – 12.
$50.00 – award for first place winners in each grade. Winning essays will be forwarded to the next level of competition.
Essays, at each grade level, that advance all the way to the International level will receive:
$300.00 – for First Place
$100.00 – for the two runner-ups
All essays are due by October 15, 2018. For more detailed information and entry forms, please contact Sam Gonzalez at 281-980-8762 or email at GonzalezSam29@gmail.com or visit the Knights of Columbus St. Basil Council 4204 website.
There will be a mandatory information session for all Parents of High Schoolers on Sunday, September 9th at 3:00pm in the Community Center.
The first day of High School Faith Formation is Sunday, September 16th at 3:00pm in the Community Center.
The first day of Confirmation Preparation is Wednesday, September 26th at 6:30pm in the Community Center.*
*To be registered for Confirmation Preparation, the candidate must also (concurrently) be in High School Faith Formation. Only those [current] Sophomores and Juniors who were active in faith formation last year are eligible to start Confirmation Preparation this year. Confirmation Prep will take place the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month (during the weekly Wednesday Oratory at 6:30 pm), until Confirmation on February 15th.
Interested in becoming Catholic?
- If you are seventeen years of age or older and are: unbaptized, baptized in another faith community, or a baptized Catholic who has never received your First Holy Communion, then the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is for you!
- You may begin the process at any time during the year. Free babysitting is available upon request. Bring your spouse or friend, if you’d like. These informal gatherings are structured to answer your questions about the Catholic Church. The RCIA team is ready to walk your journey of faith with you. Contact Lynda Knoche at 281-450-1400 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
- If you, your child or someone you know is between the ages of seven and sixteen, not baptized or baptized in another faith community, we have an RCIA process suited to your age group. Inquiry sessions are every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please schedule an appointment with Paul Stoessel via phone (281-494-1156) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to attending your first session.
Share Your Faith
- The upcoming school year offers many opportunities to share your faith through our religious education and RCIA programs:
- Spread the Good News to children by volunteering to help with Elementary or Middle School CCE. To learn more, please contact Paul Stoessel, the director of Middle School CCE, at email@example.com.
Applications to St. Theresa Catholic School for the 2018-2019 school year are now open. Contact the school office at 281-494-1157 to request application materials or visit our website at sttheresacatholicschool.org. If you would like to learn more about STCS, feel free to drop by the school office. We look forward to meeting you.
Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is the adoration of Jesus Christ present in the Holy Eucharist. The Eucharist is exposed in a special holder called a monstrance. People are invited to pray and worship Jesus in silence.
Our Emmaus chapel is located behind the Community Center and is open 24 hours a day all year long. Every hour of every day someone is praying for you and our parish.
Can you give Jesus an hour of your day? As Jesus himself asked his apostles: “can you not stay awake even one hour with me?”
Please consider signing up for an hour of adoration. Below are some hours in great need of adorers:
Monday – 4 a.m., 12 noon, 1 p.m.
Tuesday – 6 a.m., 10 p.m.
Wednesday – 12 midnight, 6 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 noon
Thursday – 2 a.m., 4 a.m., 5 a.m., 7 a.m., 1 p.m.
Friday – 12 midnight, 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 5 a.m., 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 5 p.m., 11 p.m.
Saturday – 2 a.m., 5 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 noon, 11 p.m.
Sunday – 12 midnight, 5 a.m., 12 noon, 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m.
Contact Rebecca Freeman at 281-844-4616 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
The Usher Ministry is in need of more male and female volunteers for each of our weekend masses each week. The primary duties and responsibilities include welcoming parishioners, escorting them to seating at select masses, taking up the collection and providing a goodbye salutation and distributing bulletins at the conclusion of Mass. This is a great opportunity to serve with very little time commitment required. Please look for us at the Usher Ministry table after Mass in front of the church on February 24 and 25, or contact Stan Bilski at 713-503-6042 / email@example.com.
Thank you to all who have supported our Steps 4 Students program to support St. Theresa Catholic School! There’s still time to make a direct donation to support our school without registering for the 5K itself.
– Are you in a “relationship” and uncertain about your mate?
– Are you tired of pouring time, energy, and money into relationships that start off great and end with heartache?
– Or perhaps you are single again and are afraid of making the same mistake that resulted in so much pain in the previous relationship.
One of our frustrations with Love is our complete inability to keep it. Like sand slipping through our fingers, the harder we grasp the faster it seems to fall through. It would be nice if Love is as simple as baking a batch of cookies or building a bird house for the backyard. We all know the truth; true Love cannot be manufactured. It cannot be bought or traded.
Finding true Love you desire can be difficult and therefore requires discernment. Discernment is a special gift which enables us to sift through all of our options. Getting grounded is the foundation for getting into a healthy and rewarding relationship. “Discovering Love with Clarity” is a 6 months Love and Relationship Series that get you grounded in your Love and Relationship aspirations.
You know what? You are not alone! Join other singles, dating and engaged couples in our Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, in a discernment activity that will change your life and how you understand relationship.
We have changed the North Location due to the floods of the Tropical Storm Harvey, St. Ignatius Loyola Parish was affected. The new north location will be held at Christ the Good Shepherd (Spring, TX). We are still offering the sessions in the same dates but only the location have changed.
The Downtown location and Sugar Land location remain the same.
To register online, Click here
For more information call our office at 713-741-8778.